I'm thinking about deleting my Facebook account, so I went through one by one and downloaded every photo tagged of me on the platform since 2005. Some of the photos date to 2004. Most of them were blurry shots of parties, but I didn’t want to lose the personal history. Reflections below.
• I felt like me all along, but from the vantage point of 2018 I can hardly recognize myself until about 2008.
• We were young. We were always equally young.
• I made ironic faces more often than I openly smiled.
• The women I thought were goddesses were always in fact women, no more or less divine than the others.
• Documented photographically were a lot of the parties, some of the concerts, little of the work, none of the pain, and none of the processing.
• When you sell a car, say on Craigslist, you take the money and they drive away with the car, and then it isn’t yours anymore. You might see it around town, from time to time.
• Gone Walkabout
• Music as Drama
• Crossroads II
• 10 Best of 2014
• January: Wyoming and the Open
• February: New Mexico and the Holes
• Coming Up
• Notes on The Accounts
• Crossroad Blues